Want to get working in the industry already? The COLT program is one of the fastest and most affordable ways of gaining experience and education to become an adventure guide or outdoor educator. In three months you will be employable with many of the same skills as college grads.
The whole point of COLT is to produce job-ready graduates.
The list of jobs COLT students land, right out of the program, is long. And you can find grads all over the outdoor industry: teaching excellent outdoor education programs all over the world, guiding trips in the Himalaya, heli-skiing in British Columbia, sea kayaking in Belize, running outdoor tour businesses, managing climbing walls, putting up first ascents and descents.
As a COLT grad, when you apply for a job, it’s not just your resume they’re seeing, but a little piece of all the COLT students who have gone before you. Read about where some of our alumni are now.
Jobs you can do right out of COLT
- Assistant multi-day sea kayak guide
- Lead day-trip sea kayak guide
- Day and overnight hiking guide
- Rock climbing gym instructor
- Outdoor education instructor
- Flatwater canoe instructor or guide
- Kayak instructor
- International travel guide or leader
- Youth at risk or adjudicated youth worker